Legal Resources About Housing
Whether you own a home, live in mobile home, rent a house or apartment, use your RV as your home or some other scenario, most of us are covered by laws that govern our rights as well as our responsibilities related to our housing. NLS may be able to help with situations like:
- Security deposit recovery
- Tangled Title (occupant of home isn’t the owner of record)
- Public or Subsidized Housing Denials
- Overdue or burdensome utility bills
- A rent-to-own sales contract vs. a lease
- Response to claims filed in Magisterial District Court
- Housing rights of survivors of domestic abuse
Follow the links below for resources specific to housing.
This page provides general practical information and is not legal advice. Please consult a lawyer for specific legal advice. Remember – the laws can change, which could change the information provided here. Make sure that you check for updates before relying on this information.
How to Get Help
So that we can better understand the legal issue that you are facing, please take a few minutes to answer the questions in our secure, easy-to-use Legal Issue Triage Tool. Your responses will be used to help connect you with a member of our staff that can provide you with the legal help you’re seeking.