Legal Resources for Getting Public Benefits
Even when you’re eligible to receive public benefits, getting them can still be a challenge. NLS may be able to help you determine your eligibility and ensure your access to the benefits you’re entitled to for a healthier, happier life. Benefits include:
- DPW-administered childcare subsidies
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance)
Follow the links below for resources specific to public benefits.
This page provides general practical information and is not legal advice. Please consult a lawyer for specific legal advice. Remember – the laws can change, which could change the information provided here. Make sure that you check for updates before relying on this information.
How to Get Help
So that we can better understand the legal issue that you are facing, please take a few minutes to answer the questions in our secure, easy-to-use Legal Issue Triage Tool. Your responses will be used to help connect you with a member of our staff that can provide you with the legal help you’re seeking.