Legal Resources for Veterans and Their Families
Obtaining the military benefits you’re entitled to can be a challenge. NLS dedicates an attorney to represent veterans and their families. In addition to assisting veterans with the legal issues listed elsewhere in these pages, NLS may help with the following issues unique to your service:
- Denial of veterans benefits
- Military discharge upgrades
We also work with:
- PAServes of Greater Pittsburgh to connect you with local resources.
- Veterans' Service Organizations and similar agencies to help with basic needs.
- Law schools, the Veteran’s Clinic of the Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership and the Private Bar.
Follow the links below for resources specific to veterans.
This page provides general practical information and is not legal advice. Please consult a lawyer for specific legal advice. Remember – the laws can change, which could change the information provided here. Make sure that you check for updates before relying on this information.
How to Get Help
So that we can better understand the legal issue that you are facing, please take a few minutes to answer the questions in our secure, easy-to-use Legal Issue Triage Tool. Your responses will be used to help connect you with a member of our staff that can provide you with the legal help you’re seeking.