MDJ Appeal

Filing an appeal of a Magisterial District Judge Decision

If you have gone to a Magisterial District Judge (MDJ) hearing to contest an eviction action filed by your landlord and you have lost, then you may file an appeal of the MDJ’s decision in the Court of Common Pleas. On appeal, an arbitration panel will hold a new hearing and all evidence and testimony will need to be presented anew. This form instructs you on how to file an appeal of a MDJ’s decision.

Appeal Instructions

Blank Appeal Forms
Notice of Appeal
Civil Cover Sheet
Supplemental Instructions for Obtaining a Stay of Eviction
Tenant Supersedeas Affidavit (Section 8 Tenant)
Tenant Supersedeas Affidavit (Non-Section 8 Tenant)

REMEMBER. The law often changes. Each case is different. This pamphlet is meant to give you general information and not to give you specific legal advice. Please use the information found in this brochure carefully since the law is constantly changing and the information may not accurately reflect any changes in the law that occurred following the creation and publication of the brochure.