Pro Bono Referral Program and Reduced-Fee Referral Program in the Pittsburgh Office
As a pro bono attorney for NLSA’s Pittsburgh Office, you will receive malpractice insurance through NLSA with secondary coverage provided by the Allegheny County Bar Foundation for any case referred to you. (Malpractice insurance, however, does not cover reduced-fee referrals.) NLSA also provides office space to interview clients, duplicating and filing services, and access to mentors to assist you with any questions.
We need experienced attorneys:
- to handle unemployment compensation referee hearings;
- to take Chapter 7 bankruptcy referrals or to volunteer at our Debt Advice Clinic Wednesday evenings from 5:45 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.;
- to handle termination of SSI and SSD benefits;
- to handle small estate and guardianship cases through our Elder Law Program; and
- to handle litigation defense cases involving a variety of areas including automobile accidents, goods and services contracts, and landlord-tenant.
We also need attorneys to handle Protection from Abuses cases. The attorney does not have to be a family law attorney or have experience in handling these cases; NLSA offers trainings 2 times per year as well as excellent written materials and the opportunity to shadow an NLSA attorney for anyone interested in handling PFA cases.
If you are interested in becoming a pro bono attorney for NLSA, please contact Barbara Kern at (412) 586-6138 or email her at email@example.com.