A Tradition of Investing in Equal Access to Justice
The Equal Justice Campaign (EJC) was established in 1986 by Pittsburgh lawyers with the mission of ensuring that equal access to justice becomes a reality for all low-income families in the Pittsburgh region. All monies generated by the Equal Justice Campaign support the operations of NLSA.
The Equal Justice Campaign accomplishes its mission by:
- Operating an annual fundraising campaign with the help of 50 volunteer lawyers;
- Educating lawyers and the community about the importance of access to justice and how legal services are delivered;
- Working with lawyer volunteers and local bar organizations to increase funding for legal aid;
- Assisting NLSA in increasing revenue through foundation support; and
- Since the inception of the Equal Justice Campaign, the Pittsburgh legal community has helped the Campaign raise more than $2 million for legal aid. Despite the tremendous efforts of our volunteers and contributors, we still meet less than 20% of the legitimate legal needs of the region’s poor. With your help, we can do better than 20%.
To make a secure online donation, click here or on the Donate Now Button at the top of this page. To send a donation via the U.S. mail, please send a check or money order payable to the Equal Justice Campaign, addressed to your local office or the Campaign Development office:
Equal Justice Campaign
Neighborhood Legal Services Association
928 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
For more information on the Equal Justice Campaign, please contact Christine Kirby, at 412.586-6137 or via email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in helping to expand access to justice in our community by serving on the Equal Justice Campaign Committee, please contact Christine Kirby, at 412-586-6137, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official registration and financial information of Neighborhood Legal Services Association may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Federal regulations applying to NLSA require that we notify all donors that no funds can be