Family Law Attorney
Neighborhood Legal Services Association’s Lawrence Office is seeking a full-time attorney with a minimum of 5 years of experience in family law. Experience in the Lawrence County Courts is a plus. Must be PA licensed in or eligible to practice. This work involves providing legal representation to crime victims seeking relief under the Sexual Violence or Intimidation Protection Act and the Protection from Abuse Act; in need of representation with custody matters which will improve victim safety and the safety and well-being of the victim’s children; and who may require representation on housing, expungement, and consumer matters.
Legal representation may include providing advice, limited services, referral, and/or extended representation. Candidate should also be specially trained in domestic and sexual violence dynamics and trauma and will work with other attorneys, paralegals, social workers, law students, domestic violence advocates etc., to ensure that the emergency needs of each clients are being explored and pursued.
In addition to salary and retirement benefits, we offer free medical and dental benefits for staff and their families.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to:
Neighborhood Legal Services Association
928 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
JOB SUMMARY: Intake Specialists are responsible for completion of program intakes and redirection of callers to appropriate resources. The conduct of an Intake Specialist and the manner in which his/her duties are executed shall at all times be consistent with program policies as established by the NLSA Board of Directors and the NLSA Executive Director, including the obligation to maintain client confidentiality.
Those receiving any type of public assistance are encouraged to apply.
In addition to salary and retirement benefits, we offer free medical, dental and HRA Account benefits for staff and their families.
Salary: $22,000.00 /year
Interested parties should send their resume to email@example.com.
- Completing new intakes in the case management system;
- Closing intakes in the case management system;
- Ensuring that all messages, whether left by telephone or via on-line intake, are responded to on a daily basis;
- Opening and closing intakes and assembling office files, forms, and statistics
- Preparing and sending Reduced Fee Certificates
- Maintaining the intake areas in good order and ensuring that the intake units are properly supplied;
- Making and monitoring pro bono case referrals;
- Making and tracking referrals to other resources for each individual referred;
- Performing all duties in a courteous manner and with attention to detail;
- Performing other tasks as needed and as directed by the appropriate supervisory personnel (tasks may vary from office to office);
- Acting as receptionist or secretary as required or assigned;
- Participating, as requested or assigned, in program efforts to advance the organization and any fundraising initiatives (or efforts)
- High School Education;
- Computer/keyboarding skills, including proficiency in Word, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, and Excel;
- Ability to learn and effectively navigate NLSA’s case management system;
- Excellent telephone skills, including the ability to deal with and handle difficult callers;
- Prior customer service experience is a plus;
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills;
- Proven experience of producing correspondence and documents;
- Proven experience in managing information and communication
- verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- planning and organizing
- time management
- interpersonal skills
- customer-service orientation
- stress tolerance
NLSA provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other categories protected by law.